Monday, June 22, 2009

Lake Oroville









This past weekend Robert and I were invited to go with some friends camping and boating! We left Friday June 19th right after work and made our way to Lake Oroville. It was just about a 2 hour drive from Elk Grove.



We went with Jaron & Heather Martin (and their 2 kids Bella & Livi), as well as Heather's mom (Janet) and her sister's family(Amy, Lance and Colton), who happen to be our landlords!!





We got to our campsite Friday night at the Bidwell Canyon (on the bottom of the map) and us late-nighters enjoyed a few rounds of Hearts and Gin. My life was also saved when Robert heard a rustling by the tree and found a huge bull frog(before it came to jump on me and kill me!). I have the most thoughtful husband ever!! He doesn't agree with, but he understands my ranidaphobia. Thankfully, Jaron and Robert ended up taking it a few campspots down. I still sat with my feet up the rest of the night!





ROBERT DRIVING THE BOAT


ROBERT JUMPING THE WAKE


Saturday morning we all woke up ready to be on that boat!! We got out on the water and Jaron, Robert and I wakeboarded; Colton kneeboarded and also tubed with Bella. Lance & Robert even ended up fishing a bit towards the end while some slept.


We finished off the camping trip with s'mores and a big game of Apples to Apples. I ended up being, "friendly", Jaron "smelly", Heather "original", Colton "idiotic", Robert "cool", Amy "

I also learned that T-Rex's are unhealthy, Lemons are expensive, and the Mafia will always win!


It was such a nice relaxing but fun weekend, can't wait to go boating again....Bring on the summer!

No comments: