Friday, July 9, 2010

Time to read~

As summer began and with having more time on my hands I thought to myself---its the season of reading!  Ever since I read the book Holes way back in sixth grade I have loved fiction novels. No I can't say I have read a lot, or that I am an amazing fast reader, but I DO love to get caught up in a good book.  Since the day I started unpacking my boxes of books as Robert & I were moving in to our place he said, "Have you even read all those? Why do you have so many?" Over the years I have picked up books here and there as gifts or as I browse aimlessly in the LDS bookstores.  I have a little collection but I love them! I did promise I would get rid of some and I did sell about 7 online of just books I received and never really were THAT into starting up. I have so many I have started and never finished or have been wanting to read but never get to.  I remember back in summer 2007 I was able to read book after book with great friends and it was an absolute  blast so this summer I picked up some old "pre-teen" favorites like my Alias series that are just fun shorter books that I still like to read.  Also finished one my sister, Jen let me borrow "How to Stuff a Wild Zucchini" which is a LDS romance novel. It was really cute and a easy read, and I just finished yesterday "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner" the short story Stephenie Meyer just put out about the "other side" of the vampires.  I am excited to keep my journey of starting to read all these wonderful books I have but at the same time, being the person I am, I have these books and can pick them up and read them anytime, so I would love any recommendations from more avid readers than I am!! I really would like to get more serious about reading (especially before I have to start reading textbooks again) so give me your favorite book, whether its for kids or 1,000 pages long---

Also if anyone knows of a fun book club that has sounded like fun for YEARS! Or if anyone wants to read a book the same time I am and we can just leisurely chat about it that would be a blast too....Let me know! Thanks for all your help!

3 comments:

The Kelly's said...

Em! Read hunger games and catching fire.. They're sooo fun and you won't be able to put them down! And I remember our little reading days.. When we'd just go out to the pool and read, read, read! Love you em!

Sarah Osborne said...

Bahaha! I was just about to give you the EXACT same recommendation! Also, if you haven't read "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer you should! In my opinion it was far better than the Twilight series. Though, the company in which we read Twilight cannot be beaten! It should be illegal to have as much as we did that summer!

The Clifts said...

Are you on Goodreads? It is my favorite website. I make a list of all the books I've read and I get book recommendations from friends.